The forum aims to bring together young leaders across the East Asian Seas region to have a deeper understanding of the marine environment, and impacts of climate change, share learning experiences in marine conservation and sustainable use of ocean resources, and explore ocean and climate innovation with the youth at the forefront of these solutions.
15-19 April 2024
Korea National Ocean Science Museum in Uljin, Republic of Korea
Aim and Benefits
All travel and forum expenses will be covered by PEMSEA and the Korea National Ocean Science Museum.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Citizen of the following countries in the East Asian Seas: Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Lao PDR, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam
- Must be 21 to 35 years old
- Have, at least, one year exposure or experience in marine science, marine conservation, or any related fields
- Have shown leadership skills or potential, ability to network and influence others in marine conservation and other related fields
- Open to use social media channels to disseminate and promote key messages on marine conservation
- Can communicate in English
- Must have passport with, at least, six (6) months validity
- Must be fit or allowed to travel in RO Korea within a one-week period
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA) on docs.google.com to apply
Submit your application here.
Template for recommendation letter can be downloaded here.
For more details visit: PEMSEA website.