At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As a Technical / Technical Sales Graduate, you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- You apply business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate IBM Data & AI portfolio into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions.
- Understand the client’s business requirements and technical requirements,
- Apply industry-specific knowledge and experience, as well as deep product skill and competitive knowledge to bring new business and technology insights to assigned clients, in order to help drive.
- You must be self-motivated, driven to win sales opportunities, and ready to interact daily with customers, colleagues, and business partners.
- Develop re-usable industry-specific assets and demonstrations.
- Collaborate with other internal IBM teams to drive unmatched customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an understanding of the clients industry, including industry trends, industry business processes
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client’s business
- Skilled in consultative selling, with an understanding of the client’s needs and IBM capabilities
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically.
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills
Aim and Benefits
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor’s Degree/Honours Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience in developing code
- Base knowledge of Java, Python, Eclipse, Ansible and Cloud platforms
- Passion for leveraging technology to create enterprise wide solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Analytical Thinker
- Deadline and results driven
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Capability to produce HR content on time, with attention to detail
- Understand and maintain confidentiality/integrity
- Continuous learning – a curious mind and have willingness to learn
Teamwork and collaboration mindset
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to IBM Research Africa on careers.ibm.com to apply
For more details visit: IBM website.