The CatchLight Global Fellowship focuses on the power of visual storytelling to change the world. We support individuals looking to cultivate significant audience engagement with inventive methods of distribution that will increase the impact of their work.
Aim and Benefits
- $30,000 award
- Potential access to additional future funding through the CatchLight Impact Fund
- Paid travel and accommodations for the 2024 CatchLight Visual Storytelling Summit, April 26-28 in San Francisco.
- Personal development opportunities, including executive coaching
- Impact strategy and networking support from CatchLight staff and our extended network.
- A community of like-minded Fellows and industry professionals with opportunities for mentorship, education and speaking engagements.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- A fellowship statement on how visuals in general and your work specifically ignite social change, who your work aims to inform and what human connections your work creates. (100 words)
- A thesis statement summarizing what you would like to do and why. (100 words)
- A description of the proposed work. (250 words)
- A description of your distribution, engagement and/or impact plan that identifies your target audience for this work. (250 words)
- A plan to gather impact feedback. (100 words)
- A timeline for the work which can extend beyond the grant period.
- A budget estimate for the proposed work. This budget can exceed the award amount but please note where CatchLight funds would be used
- Three topic ideas for sharing learning with the CatchLight community
- 10-20 images which, if awarded, CatchLight has the rights to use in promotional materials.
- Three professional references. Contact information must include email and phone number.
- A short bio
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
December 9, 2023
How to Apply
For more details, visit CatchLight website.