The Expo City Dubai project Artificial Intelligence Film Festival (AIFF) offers a competition for anyone to enter a short film, 2 to 10 minutes long, that incorporates content made using or utilizing Artificial Intelligence techniques.
AIFF includes a global competition, innovative film screenings, engaging panel discussions with renowned AI experts and filmmakers, hands-on workshops offering insights into AI integration in film production, and captivating exhibitions showcasing the revolutionary impact of AI on the future of storytelling.
The competition will recognize, award and celebrate the following categories:
- Best Film Award
- Best Director Award
- Audience Choice Award
- AI Choice Award
Aim and Benefits
The AIFF competition is open, with film creators from around the world invited to submit a short film that includes AI-generated content. The winning entries will be showcased at a grand gala closing event on 29 February 2024.
- AIFF is open only to eligible individuals, who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years old. The Entrants submitting a submission must present a valid National Identity Card (ID) or international passport to be eligible to enter and participate in AIFF.
- The organizer and AIFF jury will not consider submissions from the following individuals:
- the organizer’s employees and representatives as well as those of affiliated companies and marketing agencies;
- people employed by other parties involved in the administration of AIFF; and
- Immediate family members of the two categories above, including spouses, parents, children, siblings and stepfamily and members of the same household.
- Each Entrant may not submit more than one submission into AIFF.
Interview date, Process and Venue
- Any and all submission(s) to be produced and submitted to AIFF must incorporate content generated through one or more of the following AI techniques into one of the three main pillars of film: text, audio, video.
- Natural language processing
- Speech recognition
- Music and sound generation
- Voice synthesis
- Text-to-speech synthesis
- Text-to-image synthesis
- Text-to-video synthesis
- Image-to-image translation
- Video editing with AI features
- Animation tools
- Motion capture
- AI video editing/mastering
The AIFF competition is open, with film creators from around the world invited to submit a short film that includes AI generated content. The winning entries will be showcased at a grand gala closing event on 29 February 2024.
- Film Submissions: September 4 to December 1, 2023
- Film shortlisting by jury: December 1 to January 8, 2024
- Announcement of finalists and start of online voting for Audience Choice Award:January 15 to February 9, 2024
- Awards ceremony at Expo City Dubai: February 29, 2024
December 1, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to AI Film Festival on ecdmarcomms.typeform.com to apply
For more details, visit AIFF website